1/2 Yellow or White Onion
5 LBS Roma Tomatoes
3 oz Fresh Basil
3 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 T Spaghetti Western Seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2. Peel and cut onion into four pieces. Place half of the onion in 4-6 qt roaster pan or baking dish.
3. Add tomatoes and onions together in baking dish and coat with olive oil.
4. Place uncovered in oven for approximately 25 minutes or until tomatoes are brown. You may need to rotate tomatoes once to brown evenly.
5. Remove Roasted tomatoes and onions and blend and let cool for 15 minutes. Blend with immersion blender or in a pitcher style blender with fresh basil and Spaghetti Western Seasoning. Depending upon your blender size, you may need to blend in multiple portions. Only fill blender half way! The tomatoes are extremely hot and will release hot air that affects the seal on top of the blender.
6. Serve in your favorite pasta dishes. For extra zing, add a 1/2 cup of your favorite wine to the roasted tomatoes before placing in the oven.